Can I pull off European Farmhouse?
You have seen the sign EAT flooding your Instagram feed or the beautiful barn door that your neighbor pulls off so nicely to close her office. It works for them, but can everyone make it work? The answer is yes, but maybe you want to try incorporating a few elements before you fully get your modern farmer on. Here are a few ways I found that would work to incorporate European Farmhouse style into any existing home decor.
Let’s pause for a moment before I dive in. Do you know the Farmhouse Basics? I didn’t. I thought it was just a movement for upscale rustic.
- Sturdy, time-tested furniture handcrafted from distressed woods and wrought iron
- Color palettes with white, gray, cream, navy, and sage
- Large inviting family-style furniture creates a laid-back vibe
- Open shelving showcases necessities and heirloom pieces
- Old becomes new with the style’s focus on upcycling and renovating